To See Items in the Collection:
- Click View Items in the menu bar above.
- Choose an action to either List, Browse, or Search the collection:
- List: Displays all items in the collection. For example you can list the items most recently added to the collection.
- Browse: Displays only certain items in the collection based on the criterion you select. For example you can display items categorized under a certain topic.
- Search: Displays the items that contain particular words or phrases.
- Based on the action, choose from the criteria offered. For example if you choose Browse, a list appears of the fields you can browse. Choose a field, say Topics, then choose a particular topic to browse.
- Click the button you will see to either Show, Browse or Search. A table will appear listing the items that match your criteria. This is only a list of items.
- To see more details about an item, and to view the actual item, click the item’s title or the magnifying glass () icon. This displays the Item Detail page.
- Some items are one of a series of items having the same title. Click the View Series button to see all titles in the series. This displays the Item Series page.
To View a Document:
If you do not have the Adobe Reader installed, download it from Adobe and install it on your computer following their instructions.
- Follow steps 1 through 5 above to pick an item to view. When you click the magnifying glass () icon, the Item Detail page appears.
- On the Item Detail page, click on a PDF link ().
- The document should appear in your browser.Note: You may see a blank window until Adobe Reader loads and displays the first page. Depending on the speed of your Internet connection, the page may be blank for several seconds.
To Rotate a Document Page:
You can rotate a document page for better viewing. When viewing a document in your browser, look on the Adobe toolbar for a button similar to . This button is not displayed by default. To add it, right-click the Adobe toolbar and choose “More Tools….” Then check the boxes for “Rotate Clockwise” and “Rotate Counterclockwise” under Page Display Toolbar.
If you downloaded a document and are using Adobe Reader to view it (rather than your Internet browser), use the Rotate View command under the View menu.