Pilots' Information File (PIF)
- none listed
Published: Headquarters, Army Air Forces, November 1944
Pilots used this manual to keep up to date with the latest in flying technology. This copy was owned by James B. Hill and it was updated up to January 1945.
Viewed: 4859 times
Comments: 0 (add)
- Owner - Includes the name of the original owner
- Rob Robley
- Mike Voisin
- Veterans Memorial Museum, Huntsville, Alabama
- 000498: Pilot Training Manual for the P-38 Lightning
AAF Manual 51-127-1
- 000022: Bombardiers' Information File (BIF)
- 000021: Navigators' Information File (NIF)
- 000023: Radar Observers' Bombardment Information File (ROBIF)
- 000149: Instrument Flying: Basic and Advanced
Technical Order Numbers 30-100A-1, 30-100B-1, and 30-100F-1
- 000150: Instrument Flying: Instrument Trainer Instruction Guide
Technical Order Number 30-100C-1
- 000151: Instrument Flying: Technique in Weather
Technical Order Number 30-100D-1
- 000152: Pilot Training Manual for the P-38 Lightning
AAF Manual 51-127-1
- 000465: Pilot Training Manual for the Mitchell Bomber B-25
- 000466: Pilot's Flight Operating Instructions for B-26B-1 and -26C
Added: November 04, 2008
What can I do with this item?
To View this item, click in the View column below.
To View this item when it's at another website, click in the View column below.
To Save this item to your computer, click in the View column below.
(You may need to right-click , then "Save link as..." or "Save target as...".)
(Then use your browser's Print command, followed by Back to return here.)
To E-Mail a copy of this page to yourself or a friend, fill in the E-Mail Form.
To Bookmark this page, click here.
To Tweet about this item at Twitter, click Tweet
To Link directly to this item, right-click & copy:
To Cite this website as a research source, right-click & copy:
This is the complete document. Due to its large size, you can view/download this document in the following separate sections, depending on your interests.
Contents and Front Matter
Section 1: General
Section 2: Flight
Section 3: Weather Flying
Section 4: Man Goes Aloft
Section 5: Power Plant
Section 6: The Airplane
Section 7: Navigation Aids
Section 8: Emergency
Index and Back Matter
There are no comments about this item. Be the first to add a comment!
Add a Comment
Use this form to add a comment about this item!
Why should I leave a comment?
Reasons to leave a comment include:
Curator: Mike Voisin