Pampa Army Air Field
Direct link to this page:
- none listed
- Ben Guttery
Published: Army and Navy Publishing Company of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1943
This book belonged to Staff Sergeant Harold L. Johnson, pictured on page 35. It includes a personal to him from someone named Mildred, probably a local resident.
Viewed: 110 times
Comments: 1 (see below)
- 1094th Guard: 1094th Guard Squadron
- 1101st Training: 1101st Two Engine Flying Training Squadron
- 1102nd Training: 1102nd Advanced Flying Training Squadron
- 328th Aviation: 328th Aviation Squadron
- 385th Band: 385th Army Air Forces Band
- 454th HQ: 454th Base Headquarters and Air Base Squadron
- 517th Service: 517th Service Squadron
- 73rd HQ: 73rd Base Headquarters and Air Base Squadron
- 73rd Training: 73rd Two Engine Flying Training Group
- 74th Training: 74th Two Engine Flying Training Squadron
- 852nd Training: 852nd Two Engine Flying Training Squadron
- 853rd Training: 853rd Two Engine Flying Training Squadron
- 908th Quartermaster: 908th Quartermaster Company
- History of Base - Includes a history of the base or facility
- Owner - Includes the name of the original owner
- Photos of Local Area - Includes pictures of the local community
- Pampa Army Flying School; Pampa, Texas, USA
- Ben Guttery
- Private Collection
- Wings Over America
Added: December 12, 2013
What can I do with this item?
To View this item, click in the View column below.
To View this item when it's at another website, click in the View column below.
To Save this item to your computer, click in the View column below.
(You may need to right-click , then "Save link as..." or "Save target as...".)
(Then use your browser's Print command, followed by Back to return here.)
To E-Mail a copy of this page to yourself or a friend, fill in the E-Mail Form.
To Bookmark this page, click here.
To Tweet about this item at Twitter, click Tweet
To Link directly to this item:
To Cite this website as a research source:
Army Air Forces Collection, "Pampa Army Air Field: Pampa, Texas" (item 000493), AAF Collection, http://AAFCollection.info/items/list.php?item=000493 (accessed 24 February 2018).
Base personnel book for the Pampa Army Air Field, Pampa, Texas.
Pages common to all publications in the "Wings Over America" series.
Comments (Add a Comment)
 John E Velehradsky (31-May-2017 08:13 AM)
As a youngster in 1943-44, I traveled to Pampa Air Field twice to visit my brother, who was training to be a pilot. I recall the wooden sidewalks, the tar paper buildings, the recreation area with its Coke machine and pool tables. We stayed at the hotel pictured in the book. I also recall a huge pile of grain covering the street in Pampa. We traveled by Burlington train from Omaha to Kansas City and by the Santa Fe from Kansas City to Pampa.
End of Comments
Add a Comment
Use this form to add a comment about this item!
Why should I leave a comment?
Reasons to leave a comment include:
Curator: Mike Voisin
Army Air Forces Collection Item 000493 is licensed by Mike Voisin under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.